Quite a bit more has been done since my last update! I now only have the legs and chestplate left, and kevin has his legs, in terms of armor. After those are done we can start the bodysuits, the capes, and painting!
Only one picture for today – check out my armor!
Protesters complain that the pets in newmarket were put down needlessly, but how many of them went and volunteered to help the sick pets at a chance of their own infection, how many donated money to give the pets the care they needed, and how many are going to fight for the lives of pets that will be put down in the months to come because nobody chooses to adopt them at various shelters.
“if all of these animals had not been in their custody, then they would not have been exposed to ring worm infection that resulted in their unnecessary pain and death” Where were the people to adopt them before it happened? And why should the animals have unneccesary pain in crowded areas continuously when it was decided that death would be the humane thing to do.
I don’t agree that they should have been put down, but I think many people are hardly in a place to protest when they could be using that energy to help other animals than acting out against people who care enough to actually work with the animals. /RANT
We made some good progress yesterday, I rushed home and after a dinner of pizza and chicken we worked until 11pm.
Finished my shoulder armor bases! They turned out pretty nice
We had a bit more time after finishing our goals for the day so we started to paper mache the helmets.
Kevin is paper macheing his helmet too, his looks pretty spiffy
kevin also finished his shoes, and will be working on mine during the day today (a tradeoff so I do his pauldrons)
So with school ending, a fulltime job starting, a couple of side projects to finish up and general life, I just havn’t been able to work on my costume for Anime North! And what is worse … There is only 17 days left until the con. So Kevin and I have gone into costume overdrive, Our goal is to get the costumes done in time for the con.
A little over two weeks? Yeah that does seem like a decent amount of time to sew something together quick, unfortunately we wanted a challenge. Kevin is cosplaying Terra and I am cosplaying Aqua in full armor from kingdom hearts birth by sleep:
So how do we plan to do it? Well I’ve done a schedule and as long as we stick to it closely (no free time for awhile!) we should get it done in time with two days to spare! Though, those two days will probably be spent tweaking, fixing, and doing last minute finishing touches.
20 DAYS LEFT – Finished kevin’s keyblade. Mine is cut out and is being glued together.
17 DAYS LEFT – yesterday my keyblade was worked on. It has some stability issues since it wasn’t cut out of all one piece of wood (we don’t own that kind of tool!) but with a couple screws, gorrila glue, and duct tape it is holding together pretty okay. It is fairly fragile though, not like kev’s beast!
Also finished the helmet bases. We made them with craft foam and cardboard and they are held together with hot glue. We are going to wrap them in tape and paper mache them for strength. Then possibly paperclay overtop or wood filler, then comes sanding and painting.